15:30

Five Blissfully Happy Moments in Life

Everyone has those moments in life where they realise just how damn happy they are, and these really are the best moments. These are the moments we all need to cherish and remember whenever we feel like the world is against us and we’re maybe not achieving as much as we thought we might have… I’m one of these people who is constantly having to remind myself of these moments and of how alright I’m doing for myself; I get all kinds of concerned that I’m underachieving and should be doing bigger and better things, but I just have to remember, I’m only twenty two, I’ve done alright for myself so far, my life is pretty great really.

So, here are my top five blissfully happy moments in life:

1. Sofa snuggles, Brad and the pup

Seriously, tell me something that is better than snuggling up on the sofa on your night off, watching an intense series or a film you’ve seen fifty times (much to Brad’s disgust…), with your boyfriend and your pup. Candles flickering, blankets on, the ‘snuggle’ mode on the lights set – we have wifi lights, the perks of having a nerd for a boyfriend – and a copious amount of horribly unhealthy snacks and maybe some prosecco for good measure. What beats that? Nothing.


2. Cooking

This is a relatively new one for me, but since I’ve got into cooking I can’t get enough of it. I’m definitely not amazing, but it feels so good after years of curly fries and breaded chicken, to be cooking my own meals from scratch, making sauces and adding in various spices. Having a new meal every week or recreating a classic dish, its just such a good feeling! Cooking for others is just the best, especially when you know its going to turn out well, if not, well at least you tried rather than ordering takeaway. The little things count.


3. Visiting my mum’s house

Going back home will forever be one of my favourite feelings. No matter the situation, whether its for a trip to the dentist (I will never change my childhood dentist…), a birthday or just a spare day to go visit, you’re always met with an overwhelming welcome, home-cooked meals prepared from scratch and copious amounts of homemade baking. Its always an added bonus if my sister and her boyfriend are home and the entire family is together under one roof. I honestly can’t describe the feeling of being home and in their company.



4. Exploring

This is a pretty broad one, but exploring is just so exciting! I have the travel bug, but not enough to go full on travelling for months on end, I’m too much of a home bird, plus I have the security of a job and a beautiful flat that I need to keep intact. But travelling for a couple of weeks once or twice a year is definitely my forte. In addition to travelling the world, exploring the local areas and places in England alongside my boyfriend and my pup is something that exhilarates me now. I never used to particularly enjoy being in the great outdoors in my own country, but having a dog changes things. Getting wrapped up and walking hand in hand whilst the pup darts around us and trips us up, no stress, no worries, just bliss… unless it rains.



5. Listening to nostalgic music

A pretty menial one but don’t you find songs have the power to just take you back? I’m the manager of a nightclub, my boyfriend DJs and I know a lot of other DJs, so I hear all the up-to-date music and current chart toppers every other night. In the car I listen to either Heart or Minster FM for some oldies or my Ultimate 80s CD, which Brad so kindly got me for Christmas. I just much prefer to listen to songs that mean something to me, that I can relate to or reminisce about a time when I heard them.


Just remember, it really is the little things in life.



X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig