15:43

Monthly Review: February

February came around far too quickly and now we’re in March… what?! 2017 is flying by already. I’m glad we’re getting into the year a little bit though, I feel like the financial repercussions of Christmas and sales shopping is finally coming to an end! Anyway, I thought it might be nice to do a little round up at the end of each month, a reflection of what’s gone on and goals for the next month.

Well, for starters I ‘officially’ launched my blog, which was an absolutely terrifying thing for me to do. It took a lot of confidence, but I’m so glad I did. I’ve been updating it with one post per week, however, I might consider increasing this to two, purely because I’m enjoying it so much and have a boat load of posts lined up (typical organised me). I also re-vamped my Pinterest and started completely afresh, so give it a follow here!

February saw me continue my cooking frenzy and I’m so pleased with myself for embracing my newfound passion. I added a bit of baking into the mix too, so some fabulous healthy and non-healthy treats were whipped up. Can we all just take a minute to remember the crème egg scotch eggs and the healthy millionaires shortbread (recipe can be found here). Uh-ma-zing.



Among my food obsessions I finally found time to do a little retail therapy (admittedly mostly whilst sat on my sofa in my joggers…) and found another new love – Matalan. People scoff when I say this and that used to be me, but their prices are crazy cheap and their clothes are actually nice when you look! Their homeware section is also super nice and super nice to your bank balance too.  These two buys were both from Matalan, you can find the bag here and the top here.



The past month has made me appreciate a lot of the little things in life a hell of a lot more than I used to. It’s also made me realise certain things that I need to change in my life to create a happier work-life balance. I intend to work on this throughout the coming months.

So what’s in store for March? A hell of a lot of working (what’s new there?) but luckily this is balanced out with a couple of trips home and seeing family for my sister’s birthday and Mothers Day. One of my goals for 2017 was to wrap gifts better – I know this sounds so silly, but I see all these people wrapping gifts so beautifully that I decided this is the year I’m going to put the effort in – so this month is my first trial!


X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig