15:38

My Body Coach

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I got the new Lean In 15 book for Christmas, which quickly lead to buying the second as well as Zanna Van Dijk’s Strong. Almost every meal I’ve had in 2017 has been from one of the Lean In 15 books, and I absolutely love them!

If you haven’t already, I fully encourage you to buy the books, they’re not expensive or over-rated, they’re genuinely amazing, good quality, good price and good recipes! I’m probably the fussiest eater I know, I hate all vegetables, I’m reluctant to try new things, if I don’t like something I don’t entertain it in the slightest, but since trying the Lean In 15 recipes I’ve been trying new things almost every day. I’m taking it slow, as I know I won’t change over night, but I’m adding things in such as onions and peppers, doing stir-fry and marinating meats in spices I would have never tried before and even if I don’t like some of the ingredients I put in, I can’t always taste them once its all put together. This probably isn’t the point, but for me it’s a massive step. Apparently your taste buds change every seven years, so I’m hoping by the next change I’ll be loving all my new flavours and ingredients!

I thought I’d list a few of my most recommended recipes I’ve had so far, definitely give these a try!

Breakfast
These meals are perfect for me because I never have the time to sit down and make, let alone eat, breakfast. I work days and nights so even if I have the daytime free I struggle to get up and make myself decent food. These are quick and easy to make, most of which I make the night before too, so I just have to grab them when I wake up in the morning!

  • Chocolate Overnight Oats – it says to eat them cold but I personally prefer to warm them up a bit
  • Peach Melba Smoothie
  • Nut and Mango Smoothie

Lunch/Meal Prep
I work throughout the week so to save myself spending unnecessary money and to stop me eating rubbish, I meal prep all my lunches. Below are a few of my favourite meals that are easy to make (they’re all pretty easy to be fair…) and taste so good you won’t get sick of them no matter how many times you eat them throughout the week.

  • Joe’s Chicken Korma
  • Korean Pork Fried Rice
  • Chicken Tikka Masala
Basic, but they work.

Tea/Dinner (depending where you’re from…)
Lets not get started on the tea/dinner debate… All the meals in the Lean In 15 books are generally for one person, there’s a couple here and there that are for 2-4 but they’re few and far between. I make tea for myself and my boyfriend so all I do is double the quantities of most the ingredients, unless I’m not overly fussed by something or we might have a side of something instead. I’m not one for completely cutting out all the bad stuff or not having sugar or banning myself from cake or chocolate. I’m also the biggest garlic bread fan on the planet so I allow myself to have sides with my meals if I want them.

  • Salmon and Prawns in Parmesan Sauce – I have this with noodles and it is a taste sensation!
  • Turkey and Bacon Tagliatelle – I eat so much chicken, turkey is a nice change
  • Might duck noodles – duck is my absolute favourite meat, so I was in heaven with this
  
Of course, I still indulge in a few treats every now and then and some crazy high-calorie meals, what would life be without good food?! I’ll do a post on my favourite less-healthy meals later on.



In addition to the Lean In 15 books, I’ve just received The Body Coach workout DVD, I’ve only done one HIIT session but I feel good and achey as a result! I can’t wait to get stuck in.



X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig