15:29

Getaways, treats and blocked noses...

This week I have the entire seven days off work, using up the last of my holiday before the new financial year starts.


The week has begun semi-perfectly with a log cabin getaway with Brad, the pup and friends. Being curled up in front of a log-burning fire whilst playing board games and gazing over the frozen lake was exactly what I needed. After a stressful few weeks at work and some big changes, relaxing was most definitely what the doctor ordered. I baked some absolute treats for our trip away too, it was one of our friends' birthdays so how could I not, some classic Mars Bar rice crispy bites and some semi-healthy nutella cookies (recipe by Zanna Van Dijk, find here). Pair this with a hot tub and some time in the sauna and I was sorted...


...until I became horrendously poorly with the flu that seems to be hitting everyone I know, one by one. I feel like death warmed up, maybe not even warmed up, just death. I'm desperately hoping I wake up refreshed and feeling somewhat better. Being this poorly has really disrupted my healthy eating, one minute I feel hungry for the world and the next I feel as sick as a dog. Not to mention I haven't done any kind of fitness for the past five days and I can't see myself having the energy to do some anytime soon.


The rest of my week is much less exciting. I'm heading home to visit my mum and my sister and take a trip to the dentist, thats about as fun as it gets for me. Although I am an avid fan of the dentist, weird, I know, but if you saw my dentist you'd understand. 

I'll have some much more interesting posts once I'm better and actually doing things other than napping on my sofa and stuffing tissues up my nose. 


X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig