16:11

2017

Goals, aims and aspirations… I’ve decided 2017 is the year I’m going to be, firstly, realistic with my goals, and secondly, I’m going to achieve them.

I don’t do the whole ‘New Year, New Me’, which is why I’ve kept my goals doable for me, and also why I’ve not bothered to post this until February. Posting this a little later on in the New Year reminds me that this isn’t just a fad – I’m not just saying I’ll do these things because it’s the first or second of January.

Create a blog
As I’ve mentioned in my previous posts, I’ve wanted to start a blog for years and never had the motivation or inspiration to create one. Well I decided that 2017 is my year to do this, even if no one reads it, if people do then it’s a bonus, but I personally enjoy writing and needed an outlet. This is my outlet and so far I love it. Its going to take time to perfect this, whether that’s the layout, the theme, my general blogging style or specifically what I blog about. It’ll come and I’m okay with it not being perfect right now. I’ve always strived for perfection and wanted success overnight but I know that isn’t realistic.

Become a healthier version of me
For the past few years I’ve had this vision of me hitting the gym five times a week and being able to hang upside down and do sit ups with a washboard stomach by the December of that year… was that ever a realistic aim for me? Not in the slightest. I don’t physically have the time to go to the gym, especially not five times a week and we all know getting abs starts in the kitchen and I’ve always been awful with healthy food.
This year I made the promise to myself that I would try to eat healthier – NOT eat healthy, because I know I couldn’t eat pure healthy food – but to eat healthier. So far I’ve impressed myself. I asked for the newest Lean In 15 book for Christmas (didn’t everyone?) and have barely had a meal that I haven’t cooked from scratch myself! If you know me, you’ll know how much of a picky eater I am and how bad I am with healthy food, especially veg. I’ve begun prepping food for my lunchtimes at work, this means I’m being healthier and spending less! I even went as far as buying the second Lean In 15 book, as well as Strong by Zanna Van Dijk.
As for the gym, I haven’t joined one, as I’ve cancelled two memberships in the past year. I genuinely love going to the gym and was so dedicated last Summer – I actually was going four-five times a week! – but I simply don’t have time now. Instead, I’ve resorted to my trusty work out DVDs and generally walking more, this helps with having the pup now. I also began cycling to work but this is on and off, depending on the weather and if I want to dress cute or not.




Get out of my comfort zone
I suppose this applies to finding my career too, I need to step into something completely new in order to decide if it is the right path for me, its just taking that initial step. This also includes my fears and doubts in life, I need to experience them to see if they’re as bad as I’ve always thought them to be. This started last year when I faced my fear of heights and did Go:Ape! I wouldn’t say it conquered my fears, not in the slightest, but I had the greatest fun and was so proud of myself for pushing myself to do it!



Saving for a house
My boyfriend and I have been together for three years now, we’ve lived together for the past two years and last year saw us introduce a four-legged friend to our relationship, so I guess you could say it’s pretty serious. We’ve always talked about houses and his ambition to own his own home. I liked the idea of owning my own home but realistically with the state of the prices in York and my measly salary it never seemed achievable, however, he suggested buying together, which made the situation a whole lot more realistic. I have savings already, I’ve always been pretty good at saving money, but I’m going to look at saving specifically for a house. This may involve speaking with a mortgage advisor, opening a new bank account and doing a hell of a lot more research into buying but I’ll do whatever it takes. I’m so ready for a home now!

Tick off my bucket list
Towards the end of 2016 I began creating a bucket list for myself. I intend to start ticking off my list, starting with the little things and gradually building it up. This is something that will go on for life, but why not start today? Experience enriches life and I need to get a hell of a lot more in to mine.

This was a pretty lengthy post but I wanted to explain the reasons behind all my goals. I hope this inspires some of you to make more realistic goals and not expect to have that six-pack within three months… make 2017 the year of You, not the New You. Remember, progress, not perfection.



X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig