13:13

The perks of being a wedding videographer

Being a wedding videographer is something I absolutely love to do. Film has always been a passion of mine, so much so, that I have a degree in it, so at least I'm finally putting that to use one way or another! I studied Media at college and then Film and Television Production at university, but being in York, there isn't a hell of a lot of work within the media, so its been difficult to pursue a career with moving to Manchester or London.

Wedding Videography I just kind of, fell into, I suppose. My boyfriend is a self-employed photographer and videographer (so that helps, I guess) and he wanted to move into the wedding industry and needed a second shooter, and alas, here I am! So we're now this ultimate power couple who shoot the best damn wedding videos in the whole of Yorkshire... well, so we like to think anyway. So what are the perks of being a wedding videographer? 



You get to witness people at their best
What other day do people have all their friends and family in one place and all blissfully happy? Sometimes you know the couple, other times you don't, but its never any less special to see so much happiness in one place. Its definitely a perk of the job. 

The couple welcomes you like a friend, and you leave as their new best pal
Every couple I've shot for have been as lovely as the last. They welcome you with open arms and I haven't had one person be a pain or an inconvenience yet, and I've never felt like one either. You spend their entire big day with them, from close and afar. To begin with you can tell everyones a little on edge, a little less relaxed, but that just seems to disappear. They don't seem to notice you (in a good way...), they don't play up to the camera or shy away, and by the end of the day when you go to say your congratulations and goodbyes, they're hugging you like you're their sister.

You get free food
I can't deny this one, you get a full gorgeous meal to get you through the day and most of the time its the first chance you've had to stop all day, which makes it all the more spectacular. 

It makes you believe in true love
Now, don't get me wrong, I know how cheesy this sounds and I'm fully aware that something stupid like 40% of marriages end in divorce, but when you witness days like this on a regular basis, its difficult not to fall in love with the pure concept of it all. I never wanted to get married after my parents' divorce, but the more and more weddings I shoot, the more I fancy a bit of that for myself. 

You get to spend your day, and earn your money, creating beautiful memories for people
This is a biggie. Who else gets to create memories for people for a living? *except photographers, obvs* Recently I shot a wedding with a couple who already had a child together; I was with the groom in the morning, who had their son, who had recently learnt how to walk and he was going to the barbers to get his hair done and the groom got him ready in his lil wedding attire. Without our video, how else would his mum, the bride, get to see her baby getting into his waistcoat for the first time? Or going to the barbers and not crying for the very first time?! With weddings the couple get pretty caught up in it all, the day goes by in a flash and the beauty of having a videographer is that we capture moments the couple miss, or that look the groom gives his bride as he sees her for the first time at the alter. Nothing beats it. 


I don't do wedding videography full time, but if it did become a full time thing, then wouldn't that be bloody lovely? 

You can check out all the wedding videos we've shot so far at Bailey Wedding Films and Like us on Facebook! We shoot anywhere and everywhere, so if you or anyone you know is looking for a wedding videographer, be sure to drop us a message! 



X


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig