10:41

DIY Wire Noticeboard

So in the midst of my Autumn DIYs and Brad leaving me for, y'know, the other side of the world for however long, I decided to try my hand at actually making some things, rather than just generally decorating or upcycling furniture.

First on my list was a wire noticeboard for the spare room. I didn't want to put up more prints or photos, I wanted something a little bit different and wire noticeboards have been all the rage recently. So, rather than spending £20+ on a board, I got creative and made it myself for a fraction of the price! This DIY is so, so simple, literally anyone can do it! I like making things but I don't do it often, so if I can make it, anyone can.


I bought two wire baking trays from Amazon, you can find them here. Try and buy the ones with wire going up and across, so it has little squares, I couldn't believe how hard these were to find in average shops but online it was just a few clicks.


The spray paint I used is from Wilko, just the Wilko brand, you can find the entire range here. Theres no need to splurge on the big brands in my opinion, they all do the same job! Having the primer is key, especially for something like this, as you'll be clipping pegs on and off and you don't want the paint to chip. I went for a rose-gold colour, as my spare room is a dusky pink. I love copper themes, but rose-gold suited the room much better.


Do one coat of primer and leave this to dry for an hour. Then do a coat of the coloured spray paint. I left this for an hour again and then did a second coat, but you be the judge of whether it needs a second coat or not. The photos don't really do the rose-gold justice, but I think thats due to the artificial lighting mostly.



All that needs to be done now is find your photos or postcards or whatever you're pinning up and arrange them how you'd like. I chose polaroids from Paperchase and hung them with wooden pegs which I got from The Range in the craft section. I've left mine for now but I might end up painting them grey to tie in the grey parts of the room.



Pop some pins in the wall and you're ready to go!



X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig