11:28

DIY Mercury Glass Candle Holders

The past couple of weeks for me have been spent scrolling endlessly through Pinterest and Pinning every DIY and creative thing I can find. I've been finding it so satisfying to create things myself and display them in my home somewhere. Its a great sense of accomplishment and it makes your home look pretty, so whats not to love?

In amongst everything else I've been doing to keep me occupied this month, I tried my hand at the mercury glass effect. At first I tried it out on a normal glass I have as a practice (I'm now using this as a toothbrush holder and it looks gorgeous in my bathroom), then afterwards I made some candle holders which look better than I could have hoped. We tend to light candles almost every night here so it seemed only appropriate and it gives me more places to put my tea lights!


 This is literally the easiest DIY I've done, all you need is mirror effect spray paint, I used Rustoleum, which you can find here, a mixture of 50% water and 50% vinegar and some cotton pads.


Take the glass and spray generously with the water/vinegar mixture, then immediately spray with the spray paint, just make sure it isn't too close to the glass. Immediately after the paint application, carefully dab off the excess paint and liquid. Be careful not to smear the glass, you'll lose the effect completely if you do.

Leave the glass to dry for a few minutes and then repeat the process three times. Once finished, leave the glass to dry overnight and then display however you like! Candles, toothbrush holders, flowers, whatever you desire.





X






SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig