10:13

Recipe: Terrys Chocolate Orange Mousse

Ever since we've had our house, whenever people come over I feel compelled to put on the best show I can and create food and desserts that people will remember and hopefully rave about. I don't know what it is, but I get so much pleasure from seeing people enjoy something I've created.

Last weekend my family came up to York to visit us and hear all our recent Australian/Hong Kong trip, so in good fashion, I found something new and slightly 'show stopping' to make for everyone, Terrys Chocolate Orange Mousse, recipe courtesy of Jane's Patisserie.



Ingredients
For the mousse:
450ml double cream
200g condensed milk
225g Terrys Chocolate Orange

For the topping:
150ml double cream
4 tbsp icing sugar
Terrys Chocolate Orange segments
Sprinkles

Method

1. Chop 225g of Terrys Chocolate Orange up and melt in the microwave. Be careful not to burn the chocolate, so keep stirring it regularly.

2. Pour the chocolate, cream and condensed milk into a mixing bowl and whisk until a thick mixture. The mixture needs to hold itself.

3. Spoon or pipe the mousse into your glasses of choice and put in the fridge for 3 hours.
*In hindsight, I would go back and pipe mine, just so it looks a little neater!*

4. Once the mousse has set, its time to make your topping! Mix together the cream and icing sugar until it creates a thick mixture again. Spoon the icing into a piping bag and pipe on the top of each mousse. Finish off with a chocolate orange segment and some sprinkles!


This was honestly one of the most simple desserts I've made and by far, the one of the tastiest! Definitely not good for you, but we all have to indulge don't we?!



X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig