08:13

Monthly Review: June

Soooo who's been the worst blogger *ever* recently? Correct, yes, its me. So I'm jumping straight in with a review of June (yes, I know my last post was my May review, I promise I'll be better from now on...), but to be fair, its been a completely crazy few weeks!

I learnt the value of taking a long walk
Brad went out to Spain to do some filming so I was left alone, just the pupper and I, so I made a conscious effort to really give him some good exercise. We went on a seven mile walk the first day and a four mile walk on the next. We played in fields, with other pups and in the river and it really made me blissfully happy.

My mum turned 54!
At the beginning of June it was my mum’s birthday so we all managed to get together and spend some time together again (which is always fantastic!). It was a pretty simple birthday, we went bowling and out for some good food but it was some of the most fun I've had in a long while.

We visited Amsterdam
Amsterdam is somewhere I’ve never been and was never particularly bothered about visiting but I’m so glad I finally did! This city is just beautiful, from the architecture and canals to the people, everyone was lovely. We did all the typical tourist stuff, the sex museum, the red light district and got all the typical tourist shots: see below, as well as going on an 'alternative boat tour' where the tour guide basically just told us the rules of the red light district if you fancy that kinda thing and where to buy the best weed, with a little history thrown in! All in all a fantastic trip, beautiful weather and the best company.





We saw Hans Zimmer live
Among all the other antics of Amsterdam, we went to see Hans Zimmer and it was IN-CRED-I-BLE! This was certainly the highlight of the trip and if you ever get the opportunity to go see him, then I 100% recommend it! For those of you have been living under a rock, he's the composer for basically every big film that been produce in the last ten years - the Batman series, Pirates of the Caribbean, Inception, Interstellar, Lion King, Sherlock Holmes, the list just goes on. Seriously, just go and see him wherever you can, you won't regret it. 

I bought a new car

My little polo died on me at the start of the month, after two trusty years! Definitely not ideal given that we’re moving house and I 100% could do with not spending a million pounds right now, but whatever. My polo was great but I bought it because I needed a car and it was my first one, but this time, I’ve picked something I actually want and like! I’ve got a cute lil magenta fiesta! I feel bloody fabulous driving around in a decent car for once.


Now because I've been so useless recently, I have a boat load of stuff that I'm dying to tell you all about but *technically* it's a July update so I'll save it for the end of the month. Yes, its only the second week of July and so much has happened already! Its going to be one exciting month.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig