06:01

Monthly Review: April


April – what a month you were! So far 2017 has been pretty quiet for me, but April certainly made up for the previous three months. So, where to start?!

WE BOUGHT A BLOODY HOUSE
What more is there to say really? We bought our very first home and its both terrifying and exciting. I’m 100% poor and will have to eat rice for the rest of my life, but who cares. My house is beautiful and I can’t wait to move in.

We went skydiving
Okay, so indoor skydiving, but still. If you know me, you’ll know how much of a big deal this is seeing as I’m absolutely petrified of heights and I don’t like rides or simulations, anything like that, but this was incredible! I'd honestly recommend it to anyone, even if you're scared of heights like me. There's no way to describe the feeling, it just seems to come naturally once you're in there. Visit iFly's website here and get yourself booked in! 



We spent time with family
This was one of my number one goals for this year, to spend more time with my family. None of us have had much chance up until now but I’m so glad we found time. Bowling trips, skydiving and generally just hanging out and being together, it was so, so great.

I made Banana Bread
Not a big deal, I know, but it tastes so bloody good I can’t even deal. I’ve made two batches and I just can’t stop. I’ve always enjoyed baking but recently since getting back into it I seem to be improving and I’m actually really proud of myself. Find a link to my recipe here.



Major had his first groom
We took Major for his first ever groom and he came out looking fantastic! I don’t think either of us dreamt he’d come out as good as he did. It really made me realise the importance of grooming your dog.

We joined the gym
Brad finally succumbed to my nagging and joined the gym with me. Its tough to find the motivation but once we’re there it feels so good. I’m so happy to be back into the swing of things.

I started running
Again, not a big deal to most people but I associate running with, well, the devil, so you can see why this is a breakthrough for me. I wouldn't say I'm an avid runner in the slightest and I'm also really bad, but its something active to do and something I can do with Major, so he gets tired out too! 

We filmed a wedding
So Brad is a videographer and has just moved into wedding films, so, with me having that incredibly useful degree in Film and Television, I went along as his second shooter. It was a super long day, 11 hours of constant work after having four hours sleep and with work on the night after - not ideal. But, it was a great day! I've never been to many weddings or really been a big fan of them but it was so lovely to do a job where everyone is so happy and joyful, no one was being abusive or overly drunk or just general dickheads, it was so refreshing. If you or someone you know is looking for a videographer then check out our website, here. We're based in York but can film anywhere! Also check out the Facebook page and Instagram to see the first video! 


After this month I’m feeling positive and praying that this year really is my year. So far its looking good, I just hope this positive streak continues, I could use it after the last couple of years!


X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig