13:06

Homemade Banana Bread

I've been in a bit of a baking frenzy recently, I'm not sure why, maybe I'm watching too much Desperate Housewives and seeing one too many muffin baskets... who knows. Brad's off galavanting around Europe on a stag do so I made him a variety of tasty snacks; Nutella brownies, Zanna Van Dijk's healthy chocolate chip cookies (find these here), Mars Bar Rice Krispie bites and banana bread.

It was my first time making banana bread and I can't deny, it tastes fantastic! SO, I thought I'd share my recipe so you can make your own and taste how uh-mazing it really is.


Ingredients

140g unsalted butter
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs
140g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas, mashed

For decoration:
50g icing sugar
dried banana chips




Method

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4 and butter a loaf tin before lining it with baking parchment

2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs with a little flour at a time.

3. Mix in the baking powder and mashed up bananas. Pour into the tin and bake in the oven for 30minutes or until a fork comes out clean.

4. Leave the loaf to cool and prepare your icing whilst you wait. Mix 5 tbsp of water with the icing sugar and once the cake has cooled, drizzle it over the loaf. Add banana chips on top if desired.



X


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig