08:49

Autumn DIY Projects

I've been getting more and more into DIY projects since we got our house, but this autumn I've been doing a bit of everything and have a few more projects planned.



Living Room
We sorted the living room first when we moved in, as we figured this was the room in the house that people will see most and we'll spend most time in and although I love our living room, I feel like we may have rushed into a few pieces a bit too quickly. We bought furniture just to fill gaps, and I think now we're realising we could do a lot better. We're still on the hunt for the perfect coffee table and TV stand, but the two cabinets we got our potentially not for us anymore (that'll teach us to rush into things!). Fingers crossed we find some replacements and perfect pieces soon, but we definitely won't be rushing into anything again!


I finally got round to making a feature wall in the living room, with a statement print from Room 7 Interiors and a yellow frame from Next, surrounded by varying sizes of grey frames from Wilko. Its probably one of my favourite walls in the house, I just need to add a couple more frames around it and sort some definite photos out!



Spare Bedroom
I'm so happy I've finally got round to sorting this room a bit more, right before we have guests to stay too! I've gone a little bit 'Monica' from Friends, as I want people to feel like they staying in the perfect lil guest house, rather than just staying over at a mates. There's still more to do but its shaping up perfectly and has quickly become one of our favourite rooms in the whole house.




The bed was my old single bed from my mum's house, she wanted rid and I need a bed, so it made perfect sense. Ideally I wanted a single day bed from Ikea that turned into a 3/4 bed, but that was costing around £400 and with the amount the room will actually get used by guests, I couldn't justify it when I had the option of a free bed! Originally it was a pine wood colour, so I painted it all in white chalk paint, from The Range. I can't find the exact one online, but it wasn't the Rustoleum one, it was a cheaper brand for the exact same thing, but £6 cheaper!


I then had a large chest of drawers, again, which my mum didn't want so I got them for free, which were also a pine wood colour. I painted these with the same white chalk paint as the bed so they match perfectly. I left the drawer knobs the original wood colour, to tie in the built in wardrobes that we have in the room, as they have similar colour doors. Its likely we'll change these in the future, but for now they all tie in well.




My next endeavour is to find a small bedside table to paint white and generally furnish the room! I'm so excited to see how it turns out and hoping to channel my copper obsession into the room too.

Next up is generally just sorting the spare room mostly and then focussing on Christmas prep! Our bedroom and the bathroom is focus for 2018.



X
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig